There are around 4.3 million Australians who have a disability. Within the next five years the NDIS will provide an estimated 500,000 Australians aged under 65, who have permanent and significant disability, with funding for supports and services. For many people, it will be the first time they receive the disability support they need.
There are a few questions asked to see if you are eligible for NDIS support, such as:
- Are you (or someone you care for) aged 7 to 65?
- Are you an Australian citizen or have permanent residency in Australia?
- Do you usually need support from a person because of a permanent and significant disability?
- Do you use special equipment because of a permanent and significant disability?
- Do you need some supports now to reduce your future needs?
If you meet the criteria and you would like to become a participant, call the NDIS on 1800 800 110 and ask to make an access request.