THE countdown to the BMX Australia BAD BOY National Championships in Shepparton has reached the point of great excitement, with just five days until the week long event kicks off from May 20.
When nominations for the challenge (age group) classes closed, well over 1,400 entries had been received.
Last year, when the national titles were in Bunbury, Western Australia, there were 1,331 entrants.
BMX Australia national events manager, Emily MacIver said, “Things are progressing well in our preparations and we are very pleased with the number of riders and their families that are heading to Shepparton.
“Our numbers are already greater than last year and we are still receiving entries for the elite riders.”
Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events, Martin Pakula said the government was proud to support the event through its $17.7M Significant Sporting Events Program.
“With more than 1,400 of the country’s top riders along with their families and supporters converging on Shepparton, it’s going to be a celebration of all things BMX,” Mr Pakula said.
“I urge Victorians to take the opportunity to go and see our best riders in action.”