THE township of Kyabram started in the 1870s, with settlement beginning in 1873 and the first blocks of land sold in 1876. The first business house in Kyabram was a grocery and produce store, opened in 1876.
Early settlers to the area were keen to have the railway extended through the area. In 1886, tenders were called for the construction of the line between Toolamba and Echuca and the railway was officially opened on August 18, 1887. The newly built railway station made Kyabram a central area and developments continued.
To celebrate the great history of Kyabram, The Adviser, with the endless support of Shepparton Heritage Centre and Lost Shepparton are excited to be presenting these great snapshots from the Goulburn Valley’s past. For more great historical images, visit ‘Lost Kyabram’ or ‘Lost Shepparton’ on Facebook.