THE community has another four weeks to comment on the proposed redevelopment of Stuart Reserve at The Boulevard, Shepparton.
Greater Shepparton City Council Recreation and Parks Manager, Brendan Gosstray said Council staff and Councillors had met with local residents to discuss the proposed redevelopment last week.
“The residents who attended the meeting asked for more time to look at the plans and provide feedback, which we are happy to do, as we recognise there are a range of views in the community on the proposed re-development and not everyone has had an opportunity to comment,” Mr Gosstray.
Mr Gosstray said the playground equipment at the reserve needed to be upgraded to meet Australia Standards.
“The proposed plans have been created to make the reserve more accessible and user-friendly for the elderly, people with disabilities, community groups and families with young children,” he said.
Mr Gosstray said proposed works including upgraded paths, playgrounds, shelter and barbecue were infrastructure that would contribute effectively to achieving these objectives.
A broader two-stage renewal plan for the reserve was developed and presented to Council earlier this year.
No funding is currently available for the proposed stage-two works, however, Mr Gosstray said the plans for this stage were also available for public to view at Stuart Reserve, at Council’s offices or on Council’s website.
Feedback on the renewal should be sent to Kelli Halden, Locked Bag 1000, Shepparton 3632; via an online form at www.greatershepparton.vic.gov.au; or via email to [email protected]ton.vic.gov.au by November 22, 2011. For more information, please phone Ms Halden on 5832 9776.