A SEVERE weather warning has been issued for Central, Northern Country, North Central, West and South Gippsland and parts of the Mallee, South West, North East and Wimmera Forecast Districts, with the Bureau of Meteorology forecasting damaging winds, heavy rainfall and possible large hailstones.
Locations which may be affected include Horsham, Ballarat, Bendigo, Shepparton, Seymour, Maryborough, Geelong, Melbourne and Traralgon.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* secure any loose objects in the vicinity of your home.
* keep away from creeks and drains.
* do not drive vehicles through flooded areas.
* stay indoors if possible.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* if you are outside, avoid sheltering under trees
* listen to the radio for storm updates
* switch off your computer and electrical appliances
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 217.