THREE businesses have been nominated as being outstanding in their nominated category under the 2022 White King – Pental 95.3 Triple M Business Awards.
“I want to thank those businesses who sponsor the Business Awards. We’ve been operating for 30-odd years and never expected to be a finalist, so it’s great to be recognised and for the region to have awards like this,” said Jim Marx from Goulburn Valley Physiotherapy Centre, that has been nominated for Business of the Year Award – Professional Service category, sponsored by Harvey Norman Shepparton.
Oakridge Designs has been nominated for Best New Business (under two years), sponsored by Greater Shepparton Business Centre.
“A lot of businesses have done it hard in recent years, so to be recognised like this feels really nice,” said Meg Talarico, who opened the Tatura homewares store last year and says the whole community has gotten behind them.
Gloss Hairdressing third-year apprentice, Ella Boyd, has been nominated for Apprentice/Trainee of the Year Award. She thanked her employer and GoTAFE for sponsoring the category and for their support during her training.
Nominations close Friday, September 23. The community has until this time to nominate the region’s businesses under 13 categories:
1.Customer Service Award…Retail, Hospitality Services sponsored by Shepparton Club Inc.
2. Professional Services sponsored by WDEA Works.
3. Trades Services sponsored by Shepparton Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
4. Business of the Year Award…Professional Service of the Year, Trade Service of the Year and Retailer of the Year sponsored by Harvey Norman Shepparton.
5. Visitor Experience of the Year Award…Excellence in Tourism Hospitality, Excellence in Tourism Accommodation, sponsored by Greater Shepparton City Council – Tourism Greater Shepparton.
6. Best New Business Award (under two years)… sponsored by Greater Shepparton Business Centre.
7. Best Marketing / Advertising Campaign Award… sponsored by Triple MMM, WIN TV and The Adviser.
8. Entrepreneur of the Year Award…operating for a minimum one year, supported by Victorian Chamber of Commerce.
9. Apprentice / Trainee of the Year Award… sponsored by GOTAFE.
10. GV Healthy Workplace…sponsored by GV Health.
11. Young Professional of the Year Award…sponsored by La Trobe University.
12. New…Innovator of the Year Award…sponsored by NBN Co.
13. New… Environmental / Sustainability Business of the Year Award…sponsored by Greater Shepparton City Council Environment Sustainability Department.
To nominate go to www.sheppartonbusinessawards.com.au or look out for nomination forms delivered to businesses throughout Greater Shepparton. Enquiries are welcome by contacting the Chamber on 0407 503 886.