WITH the recent release of the Morrison Liberal and McCormack Nationals Government 2019-20 Budget, it is important to know exactly how the local region will benefit.
Under the 2019-20 budget, locals are set to benefit from funding for the bypass, funding to improve fruit processing, a boost to health services and aged care services, funding for the arts and a boost for drug and alcohol addiction.
Federal Member for Murray, Damian Drum said, “Our plan balances the books to ensure we can pay for what we promise, create more local jobs by backing our businesses, lowers taxes so more families keep more of what they earn, and guarantees critical local services.
“I am proud to have fought for and delivered a wide range of projects. These new investments will help make our community an even better place to live and raise a family.
“I continue to fight for investment in other important local projects including the Mitiamo pipeline, further cancer and paediatric services, and the Latrobe University Shepparton Campus.”
Budget benefits for our region
– Safer local roads through $208M announcement of funding for stage one of the Goulburn Valley Highway Shepparton Bypass.
– $15M investment to FRUITCo to improve efficiencies and technologies within the local fruit industry.
– Investment in local health services with a $1.4M Integrated Clinical Training Hub aimed at upskilling medical practitioners and improving services in Kyabram, and $250,000 to redevelop Stanhope Community Health and Medical Practice.
– Support for older Australians with $4.7M allocated to aged care services along with full funding of over 125 aged care beds.
– $15M provided to fund Shepparton Art Museum (SAM), consisting of the original $10M, and an additional $5M.
– Support for youth mental health with the recent announcement of the fully serviced headspace in Echuca.
– Ongoing support of those recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.