Local takes out $5,000 prize
Smiles a-plenty in 2021 GMCU $25,000 Giveaway
With a short carryover due to the lockdown, the final prize winners for the 2021 GMCU $25,000 Giveaway have been drawn from thousands of entries received.
Winning the $5,000 major prize is Yin Lin from Kialla who shopped at SPC Factory Sales, who mused that there were so many choices of where they can spend the grand prize.
“We will be able to get a head start on Christmas and buy our eight- and five-year-old some lovely toys! We will get a new sofa too, there are a few local furniture stores we can shop at,” said Yin.
“I will definitely get some KFC,” laughed Yin’s husband, Nick.
“This is a lucky shop! We come here weekly, we are the owners of Branditt Avenue Takeaway and it’s great we can buy items here in bulk.”
- Four, $1000 prizes have also been drawn and the winners are:
- Sandra Collier who shopped at Woolworths Shepparton Marketplace
- Claire Ratten for shopping at First Choice Liquor
- Donna Stanimirovitch shopped at Fairleys Supa IGA and,
- Marcia Brock who shopped at Foodworks Tatura
- An additional two, $500 consolation prizes have also been drawn. These were won by:
- Kylie Sfetcopoulos who shopped at First Choice Liquor and
- Kelly Simsen who shopped at Coles/Coles Express at Riverside Plaza.
The Adviser and GMCU would like to take this opportunity to thank the thousands of people who entered the competition and the many businesses owners who got behind the important shop local competition.